- Attendance will be taken at each class.
- SPARK produces a high-quality dance concert so regular attendance is necessary. If a student misses more than 4 rehearsals per class during the semester, they may continue to come to class but may not perform in that semester’s dance concert.
- Should they wish to perform, private lessons will be necessary ($50 an hour) in order for the dancer to learn the choreography.
Student Code of Conduct
- Students are expected to arrive on time and be ready to dance.
- Students should not talk during class unless asking the instructor a question regarding the class.
- Dancers who do not follow the Code of Conduct will be asked to sit out during class.
- Any/all black dance attire such as black tights, leggings, jazz pants, leotard, bike shorts, etc.
- Hair should be securely pulled up and back to prevent injuries.
- Black jazz shoes for jazz classes; Bare feet for modern classes; Black (no heel) tap shoes for tap, Tan turners for lyrical; Black hip hop shoes for hip hop.
- In the colder months, students may wear layers during warm-up but must remove them after warm-up. Teachers need to see the dancer’s body in order to make corrections.
- Proper SPARK attire is expected at every class. If a dancer doesn't come properly dressed they will be asked to sit out.
Ballet Class Attire
- Black leotard with pink or black tights, pink leather ballet shoes or pointe shoes.
- Dance skirts are optional, leg warmers optional.
- Hair should be securely pulled up and back in a ballet bun.
- Jr. ballet classes may wear pink leotard with pink tights.
- Pointe shoes are expected to be worn at every class. If the dancer grows out of them they have one (1) week to get a new pair.
- Dancers will be asked to drop the class if they continually come without their pointe shoes - no refund will be given.
- If a dancer doesn’t come to class properly dressed they will be asked to sit out.
Bad Weather - Class Cancellations
- Spark will contact students by email if classes are cancelled. A decision will be made by 2:30pm ET.